Philadelphia Eagles 20 at Washington Redskins 13
- It was about time. Rex Grossman had been playing way over his head, and was due for a four interception game like this to send him to the bench. John Beck looked slightly better in relief, though most decent quarterbacks do against a defense not prepared for them. Beck should get the nod going forward, as Grossman isn't getting them anywhere.
- Of course, given that Grossman had four picks, you would think the 'Dream Team' would do better than a seven point win against the Redskins. It's nice for them to get to 2-4, but it wasn't a good win at all. They have a pair of home games after their bye, but prime time games against the Cowboys and Bears could leave them at 2-6 the way they have played so far this season.
- Michael Vick went out again this game. This is going to keep happening. I may stop reporting on it altogether.
- DeSean Jackson had another dud of a week. He is going to be hit and miss each week, but you can't take him out of your lineup. He's always got 20-30 point potential, and you don't want to see that happen on your bench.
- I still don't like any of the Redskins runners for fantasy purposes, but I do think Roy Helu is going to be getting his shot soon. He's the only one who hasn't gotten the lion's share of the carries yet, and after Ryan Torain's often performance, you have to expect Mike Shanahan will continue his running back roulette.
As always, I'd love feedback, either in the comments section below or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
-Fred "Big Derf" Tobin