Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Week Four NFL Wrap Up - Bengals 23 Bills 20

As I mentioned in the week five fantasy pickup/drop column, I'm doing the week four wrap up differently this week. Rather than have two big posts, one as game reviews and one for fantasy information, I'm going to instead write little posts for each game that include both my game reactions and fantasy football opinions.

I'm writing about the games in the order they are listed in on the schedule at nfl.com, which means I'm going to be discussing the Bengals upset win over the Bills first...


Bengals 23 Bills 20
-As I wrote in my week four preview, I'm not really surprised by the result here.  I naturally expected the Bills to win, but the upset here isn't a gigantic shock.  The Bills had won three close games in a row, two with huge second half comebacks, and were coming off of a huge (for them at least) win over the Patriots.  They were due for a let down game here.
-That's not to discount the Bengals of course, as they played very well here, and held Ryan Fitzpatrick and the previously explosive Bills passing offense to under 200 yards through the air and became the first team to hold Fred Jackson under 100 combined rushing and receiving yards.
-While I didn't think he would be this good in his young career, Andy Dalton impressed me on Sunday.  He had a horrible first half, but did a good job shaking it off and leading his team back to win the game in the second half.  Some young quarterbacks would have just spiraled into despair, but Dalton collected himself and got his team back in the game

Fantasy Realities
-A.J. Green has officially arrived for fantasy purposes. It was his second hundred yard game, and a fumble held him back from his third double digit fantasy point game in four starts.  He's not even a WR2 yet, but is certainly a flex play through the bye week season.
-I'm willing to give the Bills a mulligan for this game fantasy wise.  We don't know how good the Bengals really are on defense yet, and Ryan Fitzpatrick and Fred Jackson are still near the top of their positions in points scored so far this year, even after down weeks.

-Fred "Big Derf" Tobin

No comments:

Post a Comment